'Teach Your Kids To Behave'

Thursday 3 January 2013

Teaching Your Kids to Behave : On Their Incredible Learning Capability

I was having a very bad quarrel with an ex-girlfriend

Me: Stop calling me STUPID! You bitch, I am not!

Ex-girlfriend Bitch: Idiot! I didn't say you are stupid. What I was saying is that you always misinterpret what I meant. Don't put words in my mouth ok. Stupid!

Me :  You blardy bitch! you always don't make yourself clear and expect me to know what u are thinking???!!

Ex-girlfriend Bitch: Blardy stupid! u r my boyfriend, and of course a BOYFRIEND should  expect to know what I am thinking. YOU STUPID!!!

Me : SEE BITCH! You calling me STUPID again!!! BITCH!!

Ex-girlfriend bitch: STUPID!!!

Me: BITCH!!!

Ex-girlfriend bitch: STUPID!!!

Me: BITCH!!!

*repeat for 6 times

Then I saw my 3 year old nephew (FatBoy) standing right outside my open bedroom door looking in fascination at our flowery and unheard before vocab.

Later at the family dining table, while the family were seated happily chatting and having our meal, FatBoy, while holding his bowl, shouted out to his mum, “Hey STUPID BITCH!, more rice please?”.

Kids between the ages of 1 and 3 learn things very fast. They are cognitively strong and picked up languages and actions just like a sponge absorbing the water.Whatever you teach the kids will be picked up almost immediately. Hence one should be very careful and diligently remind themselves on the words and actions they exhibit in front of them.If we want to teach them how to behave, we have to walk the talk. But hell Margaret, you are still a bitch.

We adults have to behave too!

No comments:

Post a Comment